Introducing the new CA compliant "Freedom Button™ Kit". Change out your rear take down pin and replace it with our modified take down pin in combination with our Freedom Button™ Bolt Catch. Now, you will have a compliant AR. Our Freedom Button™ Kit will allow you to keep all of you current features, including a pistol grip, a forward grip, flash suppressor, and adjustable butt stock. To release magazine: Simply press the freedom take down pin button, then press the standard AR-15 magazine release button. No need for a "bullet button".
The freedom button design has been updated to eliminate two of the biggest known problems with a similar design produced by a competitor. First, it will not damage your magazine follower. Second, magazines can't be pulled out of the lower. Similar designs have are known issues retaining certain types of magazines. The Freedom button works with all known AR-15 magazines (Mil-spec, PMAG, etc).
- 5.56/AR-15 Compatible
- Black Oxide Coating
- Ultra-fast magazine changes
- Installs in 15 minutes or less
- Featureless AR components no longer needed
- No need to permanently modify your upper or lower
- Compatible with all Mil-Spec AR-15 and .308 80% Lowers
- Made in USA
Freedom Button™ Installation Instructions
Installation of the Freedom Button™ kit is very easy and similar to the installation of a standard rear takedown pin and bolt catch latch. Before installing your Freedom Button™, perform a safety check to ensure your rifle is unloaded.
- Push out the rear takedown pin to separate the upper from the lower.
- Loosen the castle nut on the buffer tube and back it out as far as it goes.
- Slide back the receiver end plate. Be careful not to lose your detent spring that the receiver end plate is holding in place. It may fly out when you loosen the castle nut and slide the receiver end plate back.
- Slightly rotate your buffer tube clockwise about 1/8th of a turn to expose and remove the detent spring. If your spring is not visible, you may have a threaded set screw holding in your detent spring that will need to be removed to access the spring. (Keep your hand over the spring to prevent it from flying away.) Remove the spring.
- Tilt the rifle back and remove the rear takedown detent pin. Remove the takedown pin.
- Close the action so the upper is against the lower.
- Disassemble the Freedom Button™ and insert only the pin portion through the right side of the lower, securing the upper to the lower.
- Insert the detent pin and detent spring into the lower.
- Push the detent spring into the lower and rotate the receiver end plate over the spring. With the receiver end plate aligned, tighten the castle nut. (A trick to holding the spring in place is to use a single edge razor blade or box cutter to hold the spring down while you tighten the castle nut.)
- Rotate the Freedom Button™ until it engages the detent pin.
- Turn over the rifle and insert the spring over the Freedom Button™ shaft. Screw the cap onto the Freedom Button™ threaded shaft. Hand tighten tightly using only your fingers.
Your Freedom Button™ is now installed. To use it, simply rotate the cap so the arrow is in the 12 o’clock position. Press the cap to separate the upper from the lower. To fully remove the upper from the lower, rotate the Freedom Button™ so the arrow is in the 9 o’clock position. Pull the Freedom Button™ out far enough to remove the lower. Use care to not pull the pin all the way out or you may need to reinstall the pin following steps 1-11 above.
Freedom Mag Lock™ Magazine Lock Instructions
Perform a safety check to ensure your rifle is unloaded before installing the Freedom Mag Lock™
- Remove your existing bolt catch by removing the bolt catch roll pin with a punch, or by unscrewing the pin if your lower is equipped with a threaded bolt catch hole. Do not remove the bolt catch plunger or bolt catch spring.
- Insert the Freedom Mag Lock™ spring into the Freedom Mag Lock™.
- Install the Freedom Mag Lock™ in the same location where you removed your bolt catch using the roll pin or the threaded pin you removed. Make sure your bolt catch plunger and spring are still in place.
- Before using, make sure that when the upper is locked down against the lower, that your Freedom Mag Lock™ is engaged and preventing the magazine catch lever from being pushed out and releasing the magazine.
You’re done and ready to use your Freedom Button™ Kit!
WARNING: It is possible to fire a rifle with the action disassembled. Doing so could cause damage to your rifle and personal injury or death. Do not press the trigger and always engage the safety when the rifle is in the disassembled position. The action being disassembled DOES NOT act as a safety.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
By far the best compliant button at the best price, gonna buy a lot more in a bit, highly recommend, super fast shipping.