Since the beginning, Strike Industries has constantly innovated and adapted to the needs of the modern shooter. Always striving to provide the best solutions and versatility when it comes to customization for the most popular firearm platforms. After 2 years of research and development, we are proud to announce the arrival of our GRIDLOK Handguard for the AR Platform. Our First Quick Detachable MLOK Handguard featuring full modular colorways with integrated backup sights, built in Picatinny mounts, and a spring loaded detach lever for the QUICKEST rail removal process ever. The GRIDLOK is precision CNC Milled from durable 6061 Aluminum, and given a semi-matte finish for the smoothest grip. The QD Locking Lever allows for rapid detachment of the rail housing from the barrel nut. Using 7250 Anodized Aluminum, the barrel nut creates a lightweight solution that is exclusive to the GRIDLOK system. The Gridlok also features the release of our new patented RaiLok mounting system. Combining the versatility of MLOK with the profile of a traditional picatinny, this rail attachment system is the best of both worlds, and allows for endless customization for accessory attachment and configurations. With a larger Internal diameter of 1.6" the GRIDLOK is built to accommodate mid to large compensators, namely the Strike Oppressor.
Height of rail: 61.65mm
Width of rail: 46.2mm
Length of rail: 8.5"/ 10.5"/ 13"/ 15"
Internal diameter: 1.6"
- Quick rail detach, removing the rail housing from the barrel nut/ The QD Locking Lever features a tightness adjustment
- Barrel nut shroud and front rail (top & bottom) is modular and customizable/ New barrel nut material using 7250 Anodized aluminum vs. traditional steel.
- Integrated font sight/ Front top rail can be removed to accommodate A2 sight set-up
- RailLok (TM) can accommodate picatinny 1913 and MLOK accessories/ Integrated QD mount/ alignment set screws to center the rail on to the firearm platform
- Internal rail clearance is at 40.5mm - it will accommodate the Opressor Blast Shield
1X Handguard Main Housing
1X Top Rail
1X Bottom Rail
1X Barrel Nut Shroud
1X Set Of Tools
1X Enhanched Barrel Nut
1X Barrel Nut Tools
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I forgot to mention the the warning not to tighten the locking mechanism is not on MDX's website. But I did find it on SI website, after it was to late, of course.
It seems to be a great and light weight rail. However, be careful. It fits really loose, even with the set screws installed. There is a tool to tighten the locking mechanism, that SI warns against using. Now I know why, if you get it to tight, it will no longer lock in place. Then the way it's designed you can't loosen it again without removing the set screws. But then, one of the fins breaks off from the tool they provide and completely scratches the finish and destroys the locking device. Making it un-usable. So again, be careful with this rail. I'm now out the cost of it.