Thordsen Customs FRS Gen III Standard Carbine Stock Kits
Thordsen Customs is proud to announce the release of the FRS-15 GEN III Featureless Rifle Stock. This new design builds on what we’ve learned from previous versions and through customer feedback. It offers distinct form and function and provides new options for shooters while its predecessor, the current FRS-15 Gen II, remains a relevant and economical option for featureless conversion.
Legislation towards the AR-15 and other weapon platforms, in states like California and New York, have made “going featureless” a viable alternative to forced registration. Just like with our earlier models, the FRS-15 GEN III is designed to help law abiding citizens keep their firearms in compliance with current and upcoming laws. Additionally, the more traditional rifle stock look and feel of the FRS-15 GEN III appeals to gun owners nationwide and not just in restrictive states.
FRS-15 GEN III NEW FEATURES:
- Thicker grip
- Shorter starting length of pull (Carbine and Gas piston)
- Stackable length of pull spacers up to 3.5"
- Multiple sling loop options
- Beefier construction
- Adaptable to CAA and MFT cheek rests (accept rifle)
- Adaptable to platforms other than AR-15, such as AK-47
- Heavier, for better rifle balance
- More traditional look
FRS-15 GEN III CARBINE STOCK KITS
When combined with our tried and true carbine buffer tube covers, the FRS-15 GEN III stock creates a stunning profile without compromising functionality. The side panels can break away allowing for a CAA or Mission First Tactical cheek rest to be added.
STANDARD KIT vs ENHANCED KIT:
Standard or Enhanced options refer to features on the Buffer Tube Cover that comes with your kit and are just like those offered on all models of the FRS-15 Stock. Our FRS-15 kits are not only designed to be the most ergonomic solution for featureless conversions, they are also tailored to meet our customers individual needs and budgets. Many people use their rifles in different ways and our Standard and Enhanced kits allow for maximum utility. The difference in the two kits is the Buffer Tube Cover. The Standard FRS-15 kits are tailored more for those who primarily shoot from a bench or prefer a two point sling. The Enhanced FRS-15 kits include two additional quick detach sling hard points. The advantage is that if a user prefers a single point sling, the center of gravity is in line with the barrel which keeps the muzzle pointed straight down.
- Fits any standard carbine length recoil system
- Fits any brand of forged AR-15 receiver
- Fits many brands of billet AR-15 receivers
- Fits many DPMS profile AR-10 variant lowers (with optional adapter)
- Fits Black Rain Ordinance and Windham Weaponry AR-10 variant lowers (with optional adapter)
- Fits Smith & Wesson M&P 15/22 (with optional adapter)