Melonite/Nitride M-16 bolt carrier group
Meloniting, also known as black nitride or nitro carburization offers increased abrasion and corrosion resistance. This treatment also lowers the coefficient of friction and increases life of the bolt carrier group. Unlike plating this process penetrates the surface and wont flake off as well as maintaining all the orginal dimensions. Our bolt carrier groups are processed with the QPQ process.
- Carrier: Machined from 8620 steel & QPQ nitride/melonite treated.
- Improved carrier geometry with M16 profile.
- The QPQ nitride/melonite treatment hardends the surface to 70 RC and reduces friction, adding corrosion resistance inside and out.
- Bolt: 9310 & QPQ nitride/melonite treated with additional cryo freeze for extra strength. Shot peened precision ground diameters.
- Magnetic Particle Inspected and laser marked.
- Extractor machined from S7 tool steel
- Crane extractor O ring to boost extraction clamping force.
- Gas key: Machined from billet 4140 with grade fasteners and staked to mil spec.
Chrome plated firing pin per mil spec.